RetiredAndTravelling Travel Blog
We are RetiredAndTravelling around the world. When we semi-retired early, it gave us the opportunity to travel about 6 months of the year in multiple trips. Our trips included both cruising travel and land-based travel spots. Some are short long weekend breaks. But we also cover longer trips that cover multiple cities and countries for 30 to 60 days.
When we travel we love to explore towns and nature spots. Adventure travel gets our blood moving. And we have been known to travel for food, wine tasting and to splurge on Afternoon Tea.
Our travel blog posts are in-depth and filled with pictures. Travel summaries provide an overview of trips with links to the detailed posts. We always try to offer travel tips to help you plan and enjoy the experiences when you travel.
We hope the RetiredAndTravelling travel blog will help to fuel your travel wanderlust!
Travel blog posts about cruising travel trips we have taken. Blog posts talk about cruise itineraries, ports, day trip excursions and the actual experience onboard.
Cruising took us:
1) On numerous cruises in both the Eastern and Western Caribbean.
2) On many trips around the ports in the Mediterranean – Italy, Spain, Greece, Croatia, Turkey
3) From Greece to South Africa for over 50 days including countries in the Middle East, the UAE, India, the Indian Ocean and along the western coast of Africa to Cape Town.
4) To Northern Europe in the Scandinavian region (Norway, Sweden and Denmark). This cruise also included Balkan stops in Russia and Estonia. There were final stops in Germany and Amsterdam.
5) Along the north coast of Europe through France, Spain and Portugal.
6) From Oslo Norway and up through the Norway Fjords.
7) From Southampton to a few UK ports and then north to the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Greenland.
8) Around South America for 60 days from Miami and back the Miami.
9) A return to cruising after the pandemic with a trip from Barcelona to Lisbon through the Canary Islands.
We cruised extensively with Oceania Cruises. But also cruised with Windstar and Viking cruises.