RetiredAndTravelling Travel Blog
We are RetiredAndTravelling around the world. When we semi-retired early, it gave us the opportunity to travel about 6 months of the year in multiple trips. Our trips included both cruising travel and land-based travel spots. Some are short long weekend breaks. But we also cover longer trips that cover multiple cities and countries for 30 to 60 days.
When we travel we love to explore towns and nature spots. Adventure travel gets our blood moving. And we have been known to travel for food, wine tasting and to splurge on Afternoon Tea.
Our travel blog posts are in-depth and filled with pictures. Travel summaries provide an overview of trips with links to the detailed posts. We always try to offer travel tips to help you plan and enjoy the experiences when you travel.
We hope the RetiredAndTravelling travel blog will help to fuel your travel wanderlust!
Travel blog posts about travel spots we visited on land. This included road trips, vacation stays and day trips. It generally did not cover port days on a cruise. However these may be included if the day excursion was extensive and covered a lot about the city or area.
Travel spots included:
1) Destinations in pretty much every part of the world we visited.
2) City stays in major cities where a lot of the activities were in the city. These blog posts often cover things offered at our accommodations. If they exceeded expectations!
3) Road trips that covered multiple stops in cities and in nature spots.
4) Day trips that explored the National Parks and other outdoor activities.
5) Typically there was a summary blog post published with numerous links at the end of a particular travel spot.
Some of our land-based travel spots were part of land tours we did with Viking Cruises and Overseas Adventure Tours (OAT). But much of our land-based travel was done as independent travel. For these trips, we set the itinerary, booked all travel and were self-directed as we moved from spot to spot.