RetiredAndTravelling Travel Blog
We are RetiredAndTravelling around the world. When we semi-retired early, it gave us the opportunity to travel about 6 months of the year in multiple trips. Our trips included both cruising travel and land-based travel spots. Some are short long weekend breaks. But we also cover longer trips that cover multiple cities and countries for 30 to 60 days.
When we travel we love to explore towns and nature spots. Adventure travel gets our blood moving. And we have been known to travel for food, wine tasting and to splurge on Afternoon Tea.
Our travel blog posts are in-depth and filled with pictures. Travel summaries provide an overview of trips with links to the detailed posts. We always try to offer travel tips to help you plan and enjoy the experiences when you travel.
We hope the RetiredAndTravelling travel blog will help to fuel your travel wanderlust!
Food travel blog posts provide insight on the great food and drink we have had on our trips.
Blog posts on Food travel included:
1) During our travels, food tours provided great food and drink with insight into local customs. This has also included tours to learn about local specialty food and their production.
2) Cooking classes and demonstrations provided us with insight into the food and drink of a region. And has shown us how to make tasty treats at home that reminded us of our travels.
3) We have done wine tasting around the world. We have visited extensively in the wine regions in Canada and the U.S. And have tasted our way around wine regions in Europe. This has included things like port wine in porto, cognac in Cognac France and bordeaux wine in the Bordeaux region in France. On a visit to Cape Town we did a wine tasting in the Stellenbosch area.
4) In addition to wine tasting, we had some unique spirit tasting experiences. In Prague we even tried absinthe! Beer tasting has added another dimension to our food and drink experiences. When we did a gin tasting in Sintra in Portugal, it forever added some tasty new spirits for us.
5) We love to splurge on Afternoon Tea when we travel. Visits to local spots in Toronto caused us to head out when we were based at home. We love the tea ritual. And the tasty sweet and savoury selections. Often we got great entertainment with our Afternoon Tea.